Helping you discover if you've been mis-sold car finance
Complaints may be made:
- in writing to The Complaints Officer, Reclaims4u Ltd, 4th Floor, 1 City Approach, Albert Street Eccles, Manchester, M30 0BG
- by e-mail to email@example.com
- by telephone on 020 3002 0644
- or in any other form
in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Financial Services and Markets Act .
2. ProcessA) Acknowledgement
We aim to resolve any expression of dissatisfaction as soon as possible, where this is in done within 3 business days, we will not usually confirm acknowledgement of the complaint in writing.
If it takes us longer than 3 business days to resolve your complaint, we will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business.B) Investigation
Wherever possible, the person handling your complaint will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
- i. final response adequately addressing the complaint; or
- ii. a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
- i. a final response adequately addressing the complaint and outlining your right to appeal with the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO); or
- ii. a response which:
- a) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and
- b) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO) if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress that you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress, but could involve an apology or another suitable form of redress.D) Appeals
If you are not satisfied with our decision regarding a complaint about us and you have allowed us the relevant time frames to respond to you, you can appeal this with the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO) at:
Claims Management Ombudsman
Tel: 0800 023 4567